March 3rd, 2009
INFORMATION ON CYLINDERS
Dear ROTAX customer!
We would like to inform you about following news.
New cylinder generation.
BRP-Powertrain has introduced a new cylinder generation into serial production for all
• 125 Junior MAX (part no. 223 994)
• 125 MAX (part no. 223 993) and
• 125 MAX DD2 (part no. 613 933) engines.
The specific features of the new cylinders are:
• CNC machining all around the exhaust port to minimize the tolerances of exhaust port timing.
• CNC machining of the chamfer around the exhaust port to minimize variation of appearance and to improve durability of piston and piston ring.
• CNC machining of the top edge of the central boost port to minimize the tolerance of port timing.
The CNC machining all around the exhaust port will allow the technical scrutineer to confirm the original condition of the cylinder more easily.
The new cylinders can be retrofitted to all existing ROTAX MAX engines on the market.
Sale – old type cylinders
Old type cylinders
• 125 Junior MAX (part no. 223 998)
• 125 MAX (part no. 223 996) and
• 125 MAX DD2 (part no. 613 931)
will be still available for spare parts as long as stock lasts at BRP-Powertrain.
Please ask your next BRP-Rotax Service Center/Dealer for best quotation.